How To Lose Belly Fat, The Honest Truth!

First of all, I think most people know what it takes to lose belly fat. However, they are still inclined to click the advertisements to the right of web pages that say, “Lose Belly Fat Tomorrow,” or “Amazing Fat Shedding Pill.”

Come on, be honest with yourself.

There is no way to Lose Belly Fat Tomorrow or by next week. No Way! Whatever you do to try and lose belly fat will take time. I tell my trainees that the time it took to gain the belly fat, it might take twice that time to lose it.

Amazing Fat Shedding Pills are not amazing at all. Each pill, drink, or serum you buy will include some version of the following statement, “this pill should be combined with a comprehensive diet and exercise routine.” So why do you need the pill? A pill’s very limited improvement will only treat the effects of poor nutrition but won’t remove the cause of the belly fat.

The Honest Truth is that losing belly fat will take dedication and a will to succeed. If losing belly fat were easy, everyone would have rock hard abs. Losing belly fat will take the entire family’s support and dedication as well. “Maybe this isn’t for you!” (I was advised by my wife not to make that statement) But honestly, you may not have what it takes to do it.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS THE HONEST TRUTH AND MAY BE UNSUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO AREN’T TRULY DEDICATED TO LOSING BELLY FAT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

First, in order to lose belly fat you will have to limit or rid your diet of the following: pastries, cakes, sodas, chips, ice creams, and other simple carbohydrates and sugars. Each of these are a waste of calories and should be considered belly fat friendly. Try to replace white breads with whole grain, sodas with water, and chips and ice creams with nuts, fruits, and yogurt.

Second, you will need to start an exercise program that allows you to reach your target heart rate and maintain it for 30-60 minutes per day. This means high intensity training (squat jumps, jumping jacks, running in place, box jumps, butt kickers, rope jumping, frog jumps, mountain climbers, and etc.) and cardio-vascular exercises (running, stair climbing, biking, swimming, brisk walking, elliptical training, soccer, basketball, dancing, zumba, and etc.). Whoever said losing belly fat would be easy and painless LIED! It will take very hard work and often times your mental toughness will be tested. However, the results are well worth the struggle.

The real secret to losing belly fat is to lose weight. Hundreds of crunches will strengthen the abdominals under the belly fat but will do little to shrink the belly fat. Losing weight requires a balanced diet and exercise program. There is no magic pill or machine. There is no ancient secret to losing it fast. There is no easy way out. The honest truth: prepare to work hard and be disciplined or prepare to have that belly fat forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Did you like this? Share it:

12 comments

1. Hope says:

Hi. Thank you for the article. You are right … and it’s sad. Most people really like the things they need to avoid, and can’t control themselves when they start eating them. I lost four inches on my waist and gained them all back by introducing these things into my diet again. I super frustrated but know what i need to do. Sigh …

• Coach Dale says:

Thanks for the comment Hope. It is o.k. to have a cheat day every once in a while. You just cant have them as a staple in your diet. Try slowly cutting out your bad food options. It may be too hard and too frustrating to cut them out cold turkey.

2. Vicki M. says:

Very true!!! I agree with everything you said except that one about people not having what it takes. Except perhaps for those suffering from complete, irreversable paralysis, I believe that EVERYONE has what it takes… its just a question of whether they choose to use it or not.

• Coach Snaer says:

You make a great point Vicki and I have often pondered if everyone does have it in them. How do we truly know if for so many people it never surfaces? Thanks for your comment.

3. Aimee Aristotelous says:

Yes and Yes – for the article and for Coach Snaer’s comment about how it never surfaces for most people – so true! Great read.

4. Stacy Langtry says:

This article is the whole truth that I learned this Summer! I am 38 years old and have always been “chubby”….In July I started biking, cut out the crap in my diet, and now 2 months later, I am 25 pounds lighter and I feel great! The way I look in the mirror (after having 5 kids I might add) is motivation enough to keep it up! Starting on crunch’s this week to tone now that I have shrunk it :)

5. Shawna says:

This article says it all! Thanks for all the great info. I totally agree with crunches will only strengthen the ab muscles and the fat will still be there. I have lost 100 lbs and 18 inches off my mid section. I do about 45 min of cardio, and strength training a day and I have cut out all the bad carbs as you mentioned and replaced them with the healthy options. I did all this in a year. I can definatly feel my abs are more stronger and I actually have a waist line and some definition however I still have plenty of belly fat!I still have about 70 lbs to go but I have the tools to do it, and they do work. NOT some stupid pill. So yes to lose belly fat…You have to lose weight!!! Thank you so much…p.s. I have added your workout video that you posted a couple of weeks ago to FB, the one that has quarter burpee’s, squat jumps, pushups, high and low planks and windmill abs, to my workout routine…and omg you were not kidding that my biceps will be screaming!! I love doing them its a nice change up in my routine. Thanks again!! Shawna

6. Liz P. says:

Nice! I’m working with some friends in order to help them whittle their waistlines and show off those abs..diet and exercise are the “magic bullets.” Keep up the good work Coach D. and I’ll see you and all the other sprinters on the track in 2012!